FareShare Hull and Humber works in partnership with the UK’s largest food redistribution charity, FareShare. Each day we receive fresh, in date and good to eat surplus food from the food industry to redistribute to vulnerable people.
Like many charities, we rely on volunteers giving up their time and enthusiasm to help us fight hunger and tackle food waste. Our volunteering roles range from driving the vans, to helping to sort and store food in our warehouses. And the great news is they get so much from it too! Our volunteers tell us their time at FareShare Hull & Humber helps them build new skills, develop confidence, make new friends, feel like they are doing something great and giving back to their community.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Teamwork: working as part of a team of volunteers.
- Relationship building: you will be building social connections with some vulnerable people.
- Time management: you will be required to keep organised and complete orders on time.
What to expect from Fareshare Hull & Humber:
- Ongoing support and advice from a Regional Centre.
- Expenses in line with our volunteer policy.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to make a difference during a challenging time.
- Training with other befriending volunteers.
- PPE will be supplied if needed.
What’s expected from you:
- Have bags of enthusiasm!
- Follow all Fareshare Hull & Humber policies and procedures.
- Attend our induction training course before starting a shift in the warehouse.
- Follow all training you receive when you have enrolled with us.
- Commitment to your shifts is a must.
- Support Fareshare to fulfil its aim of helping our communities distributing surplus food.