Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management – Starts 09/01/23
This course is for anyone who supports and manages volunteers and would like to take the time to reflect on their own practice and explore new ways to do things. Successful completion of the course leads to the SEG Awards Certa Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management qualification.
The course takes place over 3 days (via Teams) and to achieve the qualification there are 3 workbooks to complete as homework.
The qualification is made up of the following 3 units:
• Organisations and Volunteering
• Attracting and Recruiting Volunteers
• Supporting and Developing Volunteers
What will I learn?
During the course you will:
• explore benefits of volunteering for volunteers, the organisation, and the wider community
• identify good practice in your own volunteer recruitment, induction and retention
• develop your own skills and processes for supporting and supervising volunteers
• explore the legal implications of having volunteers and review your own policies and procedures
• clarify the purpose of a volunteer agreement and ensure your own arrangements comply with current good practice.
What will I need?
This course is delivered online using the Zoom video conferencing platform so you will need a computer or device that is connected to the internet and an email address.
How is this qualification assessed?
To achieve the qualification 3 workbooks will be completed. These will be assigned to you as homework after each session. Your tutor will assess these and give you feedback. You will be supported by your tutor throughout the course.
What will I achieve?
Successful completion of the course will lead to achievement of the SEG Awards Certa Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management.
How can I progress?
Your tutor can advise you on further professional and personal development opportunities including team leading and higher volunteer management qualifications. Other relevant short courses include Managing lone workers, Delegation skills and Time management.
There is a progression opportunity which will enable you to achieve the Level 4 Certificate in Volunteer Management. Your tutor will support you to access this if required.
The course is delivered remotely online on TEAMS based over three days.
The next available course dates are:
• 9th, 16th and 23rd January - 10am until 3pm – Delivered over Zoom
There is homework between sessions which is made up of 3 question and answer workbooks. To achieve the qualification all three workbooks must be completed.
To book a place please or for an informal chat about this course please contact the course tutor, Karen Milburn – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility & Cost
*These courses are fully funded to paid employees aged 19 or over from eligible organisation. To be eligible organisations need to meet the following criteria:
• A small to medium enterprise (SME) based in the Humber area (this includes registered charities, CICs, CIOs) employing up to 250 full-time equivalents with a turnover of up to £34 million or a balance sheet less than £29 million
If your organisation is not already registered with HCUK Training Karen will arrange the completion of eligibility paperwork.